MVP VIRTUAL AIR COMBAT SERIES - SPONSORED BY:
MVP Virtual Air Combat Series is excited to announce DOGFIGHT 1v1: sponsored by RealSimulator.com!
DOGFIGHT 1v1 is the DCS World's premier BFM competition, pitching pilot against pilot,
jet against jet - delivering a heart-thumping live-stream event second to none!
Two pilots will start each round, but there can only be one winner.
Do you have what it takes to be a champion? Are you the best of the best?
OPEN TO ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS!
DOGFIGHT 1v1 is opened to virtual pilots of all experience levels, lonewolves, noobs and pros alike.
Regardless of your level of experience, DOGFIGHT 1v1 is an opportunity to have a great deal of fun,
pitching yourself against your friends and fellow virtual pilots.
Get ready for some of the best dogfight action you have ever seen
EVENT WINNER - $1,000 USD HORNET GRIP!
RealSimulator Serial Number 1 F/A-18 Collectors Edition flight grip. This grip is the first of only 16 that will be produced with a special rubberized metal feeling coating. This grip does not require a base and has all the needed hardware embedded into the grip for function and flight in your favorite simulator. This grip is valued at $1000 USD - click to view information on the RealSimulator.com website.
$300 USD VIRPL CONTROL BOX
Tune into the twitch broadcast to WIN a Virpl flight simulator Control Box - valued at $300 USD.
click to view information on the Virpl Controls website
DCS WORLD MODULE GIVEAWAYS
Tune into the twitch broadcast to WIN.
REGISTER TO FIGHT - NOW!
The schedule for matches, including times, will be finalized once sign-ups have closed and
can be found at the Challonge bracket link that will be posted on the MVP Discord that
will be used for further communication and updates to participants. DOGFIGHT 1v1 is set to
start June 26th, 2021 at 1500z and will run for 2 days. Therefore, please expect if you keep winning
to fly on both days for extended periods of time. I will do my best to ensure that an accurate
schedule is put out as early as possible. However, this schedule will change as more people
sign-up so be sure to check early and often to ensure your scheduled match times.
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES
Monday, MAY 31st, 2021
DOGFIGHT 1v1: REGISTRATIONS OPEN
Saturday, JUNE 26th, 2021 @ 15:00 UTC
DOGFIGHT 1v1: Day One - opening day and match play.
Sunday, JUNE 27th, 2021 @ 15:00 UTC
DOGFIGHT 1v1: Day Two - Play continues on second and final day
with numbers of needed rounds and matches dictated by number of sign-ups.
DOGFIGHT 1v1 sponsored by RealSimulator.com will be braodcast via TWITCH at:
MVP Virtual Air Combat Series servers will be used to host.
Any map is allowed and will be selected prior to each match by the pilots.
Pilots can specify which maps they wish to be allocated to the randomly selected pool based
on which maps they own and/or which maps they desire to fly on.
This will be done using the F10 communication section in the mission. The server/mission will then randomly select a map/mission based on this input and restart the mission with that selection.
Once a mission/map has been selected for a match it will be used for all rounds in that match.
Ping limit of 300 will be strictly enforced.
Mission locations will be static on each map.
Weather will be clear/CAVOK.
*Note: Tournament rules, weapons and missions are subject to change
1. 1v1 matches consist of 1 pilot per team attempting to eliminate their
opponent in a best of 3 setup or best of 5 for quarters on.
2. Starts will be air start.
3. Starting distance will be 50km from each other head-on
4. Ingress on start will utilize a mission mechanic to keep pilots on line and level for a
straight and level merge. This process is being used to provide as close to a
neutral merge as possible. After MERGE has been called by the mission the fight will be
on and maneuvering is free.
5. Combatants are free to adjust speed at will and be as slow or fast as desired
at the MERGE.
6. If a pilot deviates from a neutral merge that will be alerted by the server/mission.
The NOT at fault party will then have the opportunity to either continue on
with the fight ‘as is’ or restart the round. You are allowed 1 missed merge before you
are disqualified for the round and your opponent is awarded a round win.
7. Fuel dumping is allowed.
8. Weapons hold until after the first pass. Definition of merge: when EITHER fighter
passes the other fighter's 3/9 line. The MERGE will be called by the server/mission
itself as well to remove estimation or speculation.
9. Extending away from the fight for the purpose of resetting to a new merge, or to
attempt to reacquire a lost tally, is allowed. However, extending purely to drag out the fight
and play fuel games is highly discouraged and such passive tactics may up in disqualification,
this will ultimately be decided by the referee and/or review from the Tacview file.
10. If there is significant damage to your jet, fully passive and defensive
tactics are OK.
11. After eliminating your opponent, the combatant must land at the designated airfield
inside the bubble.
12. There is a bubble that will simulate an arena. This bubble is 66km across.
13. If you come within 16km of bubble edge you will receive a warning that you are leaving
14. If you exit the bubble completely you will self-destruct.
15. Only modern era fighters are allowed to compete in DOGFIGHT 1v1
16. All aircraft will start with full internal gun and no other weapons.
17. Fuel for each aircraft has been calculated based on time maintaining max AoA
sustained turns at low altitude. These fuel loads will allow all aircraft to stay gate for
similar time frames.
18. In order to complete the round you must land at the airfield in the center of the bubble.
This ensures that a clean victory is had.
19. There are NO G limits in this competition.